Payment denied by the card issuer

Astronautkid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently associated a credit card to my paypal account, in order to buy a course from an indian website (Ekeeda.com). This is the only means of payment for non-indian buyers according to the website. The problem is, whenever I try to make the transaction happen, I keep receiving this message : "We are sorry, but we could not complete this payment, because it has been denied by the card issuer. Please retry with a different card or funding option to continue with the payment."

I believe to have correctly confirmed the credit card, since there's no exclamation mark next to the card name anymore, so I don't see any reason why it would get denied right away (indicating that the problem may not originate from the card issuer after all)

Could it be that paypal sees that the name on the card I associated (my mother's) doesn't match with the name on my paypal account (mine) and hence proceeded to deny any transaction despite having confirmed the card ?

My card is a Visa Card. Please help me with that problem, I'm getting desperate and have to get the course ASAP ! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Astronautkid 

You would have to ask your card issuer why the payment is being denied.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Andrew73
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue too, but my card provider claims that this is an error in YOUR system, not theirs! I have been dealing with error followed by error on this **bleep** platform for the past 3 days, and I am just about to say "**bleep** it" and find a new company. Fix your bugs, and stop floating on your nigh infinite funding!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andrew73 

Who are you aiming your abuse at?

If its me then I suggest you read what a COMMUNITY FORUM actually is.

I could give you reasons why your card may be being declined but only if you ask politely. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.