Payment declined but money from Account is gone

Skajic87
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have sended the money to my friend and paypal has told me that payment is declined. In few seconds i have received SMS from my bank that i have made an payment. I have looked in my bank App and i see clearly that i have made paymet trough paypal. Complete funds plus fees. In paypal payments i cant find that email adress and payment, only on my bank App. Can somebody please help me because its a lot of money for me.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @Skajic87

If you don't see the payment in the PayPal account activity it sounds like this may be an authorization. An authorization is when PayPal has initially requested funds from the bank or card company. If the PayPal system allows the transaction to complete PayPal will collect the funds from the bank/credit card. If the transaction is denied, this will mean that PayPal wouldn't collect the funds from the bank/credit card. Typically authorizations will expire within 5 business days. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.