Payment can’t be completed

ChrisStuff
Contributor
Contributor
So I was going to buy something and for some reason it said the payment can’t be completed and to try again. Except my money was take out and I don’t know how to get it back.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisStuff 

The merchant may not have received the order but the authorization agreement went through anyway.

Is there a pending authorization transaction in your PayPal account activity? Does it say "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when [MERCHANT NAME] completes your order." in the transaction details?

If the transaction is not captured and remains pending past 30 days, it will expire on it's own and funds released. If the payment is marked complete, you can contact merchant about your order or file a dispute for Item Not Received.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisStuff 

The merchant may not have received the order but the authorization agreement went through anyway.

Is there a pending authorization transaction in your PayPal account activity? Does it say "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when [MERCHANT NAME] completes your order." in the transaction details?

If the transaction is not captured and remains pending past 30 days, it will expire on it's own and funds released. If the payment is marked complete, you can contact merchant about your order or file a dispute for Item Not Received.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ChrisStuff
Contributor
Contributor
It’s all fine now the merchant sent a refund and we got it all sorted out thank you so much for the help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.