Payment came out twice

GavinCronin123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I bought an elite series 2 xbox controller off Microsoft's xbox site friday and payment came out straight away.i got an email today saying it's been sent and another email from my PayPal account saying payment has been made again so basically been charged twice for the one controller.any idea how to get the second payment returned
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @GavinCronin123 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Can you check your bank/card statement if the payment has been debited twice? If yes, you may reach out to the seller directly so that they can issue a refund directly from their end or you may file a dispute by logging in to your Paypal account and go to Resolution Center. You might also want to double check if the email you received was both from Paypal, it might have been that you received a confirmation of payment directly from the seller and another one from us confirming that we have processed a payment for you. So it might not mean that it was charged twice. 

Now once a dispute is opened, you would be given a chance to resolve this directly with the seller as it would be faster and easier if they would process the refund directly from their end. Now if they would not be cooperative, you can escalate this to a claim meaning you would be giving us authorization to decide on the case. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.