Payment and refunds

Coffeemanpeter
Contributor
Contributor
I paid £230 for goods that the seller then contacted me to say he had damaged when removing so wasn't sending the goods but issuing a refund of my money. He then refunded £220and when queried as to the £10 short told me it was to cover paypal fees, is this correct?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Coffeemanpeter
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your advice. Have taken this up with the person concerned and he has promised to refund the missing money. Not sure if this is something he tries on with others but if the money is not forcomming I will definitely escalate out of principal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coffeemanpeter 

No, he should have sent you a full refund.

Open a paypal dispute for non receipt of item and make sure you put in all the information and escalate the dispute to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Coffeemanpeter
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your advice. Have taken this up with the person concerned and he has promised to refund the missing money. Not sure if this is something he tries on with others but if the money is not forcomming I will definitely escalate out of principal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coffeemanpeter 

May have been nice to have given me the solution credit then instead of yourself?

No kudos either  ...oh well, glad to have helped.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.