Payment Sent To Worng Email Address

SaminSiam
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal is linked with my Hotmail. The Payment was sent to my Gmail...same name...it says 'Click Here To Receive Your Payment'....but it does not work....it just goes into a Log In loop

What to do

And no service on the weekend

Nowhere to call 'Offices Closed'

What kind of service is that???

And I try to 'Open a Case' for the problem

Again...just a Log In loop....

Nobody checks or maintains the site???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaminSiam 

Well your payment isn't on hold is it?

It was sent to an email address that you have not added to your paypal account yet it seems?

If you are not going to add it and confirm it then you won't get your funds will you.

As an email address identifies a paypal account then you need to add it to that paypal account to receive the funds.

As for the new seller hold that is a separate issue and all sellers go through that process, as its for buyer protection most understand the hold.

Equally funds are rarely held for 21 days, funds are released much more quickly if you add tracking and then when item is delivered funds are released earlier. As you don't have the friends/family option in your country then all payments are received as goods/services and the new seller hold applied.

Tell your friend to use xoom if its a gift payment and not a payment for goods/services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaminSiam 

Add that other email address to your paypal account and confirm it and the funds should come with it, you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SaminSiam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I appreciate your attention, consideration and advice

Using the App I hesitate to do much...

Nothing seems to be accomplished easily

Case in point, money was withdrawn by Sender

It cost him 20%

Sorry but that is crazy

Next

Sender is a Friend

He sent it from his Company (?) Account

But nothing has been bought or sold

Yet...

Message says: Your Funds Are On Hold...Pending...Invoice...Bla, Bla Bla...for 7 days !!!

Nobody to call...nobody to talk to...nobody to explain anything to...no options in all the menus !!!

Round and round in loops

Not able to get anything done or to give any input

Sorry but that is really deficient....to my detriment...and to PayPal's benefit

I used PayPal to receive funds 7-8-9 years ago (?)

It took 21 days for the funds to finally get into my Bank Account...

That is ridiculous

Sadly, it seems like not much has changed

I sent a message asking them to release my money immediately

And I wonder how many days it will take to get my money into my account...

Money Transfers these days are Instantaneous...they shouldn't take weeks

And since there was No Product or Service mentioned this is nonsense about 'holding the funds until the invoice is settled'...

Nonsense

My friend used PayPal to send me some money...not much at all..and this has become an extended nightmare...again..

Sorry for venting and rambling...but this system has to be tweaked so that we can get better service in a shorter period of time

My friend paid a fee...I paid a fee....why should I wait weeks to receive my money???

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SaminSiam 

Well your payment isn't on hold is it?

It was sent to an email address that you have not added to your paypal account yet it seems?

If you are not going to add it and confirm it then you won't get your funds will you.

As an email address identifies a paypal account then you need to add it to that paypal account to receive the funds.

As for the new seller hold that is a separate issue and all sellers go through that process, as its for buyer protection most understand the hold.

Equally funds are rarely held for 21 days, funds are released much more quickly if you add tracking and then when item is delivered funds are released earlier. As you don't have the friends/family option in your country then all payments are received as goods/services and the new seller hold applied.

Tell your friend to use xoom if its a gift payment and not a payment for goods/services?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SaminSiam
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent info

And apparently accurate

Thailand PayPal was 'relaunched'....

I will look into Xoom

The 21 days was 8 (?) years ago

Thanks for your attention and consideration

Best Wishes

*(Hmmm...how do you know Sam in Siam...???)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.