Payment Problem

Adz_h18
New Community Member
So I recently purchased an item of clothing from an app called depop, I made the payment and received a text from the number ‘62226’ and attempted to reply to confirm this but it would not let me. Found out that giffgaf, my service provider, does not allow texts to this number and I dont know what to do. On my account it appears the payment has gone through however on the sellers end he said I need to confirm the receipt to allow the payment to go through although I don't know what i’m suppose to do. Paypal have not replied to my chat either so i’m at a loss.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Adz_h18,

I apologize for the confusion, and to help clear this up, the text message you received from us is completely separate from the hold the seller is experiencing. If the payment is being held on the seller's end, you do have the ability as the buyer to "confirm receipt" to remove the hold. In order to confirm receipt, you'll want to access your account through our website(not the app) and select the seller's transaction. In the transaction details, there will be an option to confirm receipt. As a word of caution, I would only recommend confirming receipt if you have actually received the item or service purchased.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

Mike2276
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem from the same number. My reply wouldn't send unless I agreed to incur charges for replying. I cancelled replying and queried it directly with PayPal and they confirmed the text wasn't from them and my transaction had gone through fine. It must be a scam and someone's PayPal security must be compromised to have info about the transaction. I would advise anyone who gets one of these texts to ignore it and contact PayPal directly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.