Payment Pending

aa0140
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there. I'm pretty new to PayPal and only joined because it's the only payment option available for the seller. I bought an item from a seller and after confirming my payment, I received the receipt from PayPal and notified by eBay that the order was received. I then notified the seller that I have paid for the item via PayPal and gave the transaction ID. They then messaged me that the payment status is unclaimed and they haven't received the payment yet. What should I do? What steps should we do in order for the payment to go through?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aa0140 

Sounds as if the problem is on the sellers side, are they fairly new / are they in the U.S / do you know if they have a personal or business paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aa0140 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.
4. Pending / Uncleared.
5. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aa0140
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! It says Pending on my end and the seller says it's Unclaimed on theirs
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aa0140 

Sounds as if the problem is on the sellers side, are they fairly new / are they in the U.S / do you know if they have a personal or business paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aa0140
Contributor
Contributor
The seller told me that they have just received the payment. There must have been some delay on the payment. Thanks for trying to help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.