Payment Pending

SavannaCLPC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've received a payment from the customer and it says pending? with 'Expected Clearing Date:'

I've read other questions related to this and can't seem to find anything. How do i accept this pending payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SavannaCLPC 

Sounds like an echeque.

Normally when a buyer pays and funds that payment from a bank account then paypal credit you the seller upfront and paypal take the wait for the bank transfer to complete through to paypal....this is because paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and they want there to be no delay on the buyer getting their item.

BUT for some transactions ie for eg when the buyer does not have a back up card linked to that paypal account to reduce risk to paypal of the transfer failing then they won't credit you upfront and you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers bank account to paypal when you will then be credited..........don't send the item until the funds have completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SavannaCLPC 

Sounds like an echeque.

Normally when a buyer pays and funds that payment from a bank account then paypal credit you the seller upfront and paypal take the wait for the bank transfer to complete through to paypal....this is because paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and they want there to be no delay on the buyer getting their item.

BUT for some transactions ie for eg when the buyer does not have a back up card linked to that paypal account to reduce risk to paypal of the transfer failing then they won't credit you upfront and you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers bank account to paypal when you will then be credited..........don't send the item until the funds have completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SavannaCLPC
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me.

@kernowlass 

I will wait till i've recieved payment. It's been over a week now and i hate making the buyers wait!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SavannaCLPC 

Well its the buyer making you wait really as its their account that has sent the echeque.

Probably taking longer as we have just had a bank holiday weekend as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Great information, Kernowlass!

SavannaCLPC, you will definitely want to wait until the payment has cleared. Otherwise, you may not be eligible for seller protection if you send the item out before receiving your payment. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.