Payment Pending?

piprobins
Contributor
Contributor

I have two invoices- with the status Payment Pending. I can't see the transaction details, and I'm not sure why I cannot access the funds. Is it a problem on my end, or my customer's? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @piprobins!

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community! I apologize that your question was not responded to, and I wanted to jump in because I want to help as well as have some questions . You said that you have two invoices pending but no payments. Are these invoices you sent to a buyer? If so, then the pending status means that the buyer has not sent you a payment through the invoice. It is possible that they can send you a payment directly instead of through the invoice, which will mean that it will stay listed as pending until you cancel it or mark it as paid. This can be done through the details when opening the invoice in the Activity Log. However, you will always be able to see record of a payment even if the invoice wasn't used.

I wanted to ask because there is a known fraud trend of a buyer obtaining your email address from an invoice and then sending fake emails stating that you have received a payment. These fake emails usually say something along the lines of, "payment will be held until tracking is provided by responding to this email." and "you will not see the payment until tracking is provided." The goal is to get sellers to ship items without actually receiving any kind of payment through PayPal. If this sounds familiar, please do not ship your item. For more information on this, please visit:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/common-scams

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/prevent-fraudulent-orders

I hope I am wrong, and it is simply just an issue of the payment being sent without using the invoice. If you need any assistance with this or would like our support to take a look for you, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page. You are also more than welcome to contact our customer support on Facebook and at @AskPayPal on Twitter. 

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.