Payment Pending without any purchases?

DayDream1n6
Contributor
Contributor

Recently, Logan <removed> and KSI had a boxing match. the only way to watch this live was using the Dazn app. It cost $21.70 and in my account I only had $20(i did not know the tax was 1.70 at the time). So I went to use PayPal to make this payment. Before making the purchase it stated."When you agree to future payments, you may temporarily see a pending authorization on your card for $8.00 USD to ensure your future purchases are successful." Well... The payment was not successful as I did not have the money in my account. I then attempted making the payment again with PayPal (I still did not know about the tax) it told me the same thing and took out another $8(total $16 taken). Then, I put another $20 in my account(now I have $24) and then ended up just adding my card to the website, and it worked.

But, 2 Days later, Im still missing the $16 in my account that PayPal took out to"ensure your future purchases are successful."

Am I going to get this money back? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DayDream1n6 

It said, “When you agree to future payments, you may temporarily see a pending authorization on your card for $8.00 USD, etc” .

These will expire and funds will be released. Just keep an eye on wherever you see the pending charges for release. These pending temporary auths are typical for online transactions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DayDream1n6
Contributor
Contributor
How long can these transactions take? It’s been about 4 days now.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi DayDream1n6, 

The timeframe for these can vary. Some are released within a few days and some can take up to 30 days. This will depend on the merchant and how long their authorisations are for. You can reach out to them and ask them to release the authorisations for you. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Jaredrod
New Community Member
Does this mean the $14 will get back in my account ? And when
Login to Me Too

Jaredrod
New Community Member
I had the same problem it charged me another 14$ will I get this money back in my account ?
Login to Me Too

Jjmiah33
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back? Im having the same problem
Login to Me Too

jessiam
Contributor
Contributor
im having this problem too. “ When you agree to future payments, you may temporarily see a pending authorization on your card for $14.00 USD to ensure your future purchases are successful.” is what it says and im still waiting, i haven’t done any payments for this to happen.
Login to Me Too

react117
New Community Member

@DayDream1n6 Did you get your money back. My $16 is still on hold, it's been 5 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.