Payment Pending - when will I get the money back?

MahariSafari
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...

So I tried to make a payment online using Paypal. However, the payment didn't go through all the way on the website. I have called the website where I was making the purchase, and they cannot see the payment on their end; they advised that I call Paypal. I've tried the number and it doesn't even connect - just a minute of silence as it tries and then drops out. The money has left my account and I have since redone the purchase (it's time-sensitive and I couldn't wait for Paypal to turn the cash around)

So now... how do I get the money back? Or how long does it take to bounce back? I think I've had payments that haven't gone through before and normally it's a matter of a few hours - I'm now on 4 days. I've tried raising a ticket in the resolution center, but it seems you can't report problems on pending transactions. I need to travel soon and will need the money back for that... Anyone had this problem before?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MahariSafari 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.