Payment Pending - eCheck

KrestineBona
New Community Member

My client sent a payment using the echeck method. The estimated completion date should be July 5th and its already July 6th,

when will PayPal release the fund? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KrestineBona

Clearance date is an estimate as different banks have differing clearance times, should be 'about' that time though or shortly afterwards.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KrestineBona

Clearance date is an estimate as different banks have differing clearance times, should be 'about' that time though or shortly afterwards.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DonRG
Contributor
Contributor

So, when the Sender's Bank has confirmed it cleared/approved/processed the eCheck transaction and paid it out on Day 1 of 5 (business days), and verified ACH cleared/approved/processed the eCheck transaction on day 2 of 5 and that the money was sent to the PayPal General Fund, why don't I have the money in my PayPal account (the recipient) by day 4 of 5?

If the sender's Bank and the ACH have cleared the funds and don't have the funds, and PayPal doesn't have the funds (according to what CS told me), where are my funds?

Why weren't the funds deposited in my PayPal account the day it cleared the ACH (the day after the Bank cleared/approved/processed the transaction)?

Estimated clear date was 7/17/2019, which is passed.

The sender's Bank is TD Bank, the 9th largest bank is the US, so it clears/approves/processes transactions in 1-2 days, not 3-5 days.

From the PayPal User Agreement dated 7/9/2019: E-check is a payment method where you use your bank account as your payment method, and the payment is not received by the recipient until the transaction is processed from the bank. This process usually takes 3-5 Business Days, but this amount of time will increase if the payment is sent from a bank account located outside the United States.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DonRG 

Except the person asking the question on THIS thread is from the Philippines and not the U.S.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DonRG
Contributor
Contributor

I was adding to the "Me Too" before I figured how to post a new topic.

I did not think about looking at the Country since it appeared that when it was not a US based user it was noted on some of the topics. 
Would make things better if the Country was required to avoid such confusion.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DonRG 

This is not a U.S forum though, its a worldwide forum so all you have to do is hover over the posters username and their country will show.

Admittedly not all list their country and in that case I tell them to say what country they are in as advice is very country specific.

There used to be separate country forums but its all x1 now.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.