Payment Pending 5 days later

benblack997
New Community Member

Partner sent me a payment 5 days ago, 11th January. The money has left her account and she sent it through family and friends. usually when we send eachother payments they are received and released in minutes. this time the payment is showing on my summary as received but Pending. When or how will i get this released it is quite urgent now.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benblack997 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant they are echeques and go via ACH in batches.
Paypal states ''instant transfer'' because normally when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront and they then take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes approximately several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option however the funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

There are times when its you and/or the seller that takes the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.
6. Adding funds to your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.