Payment - On Hold

Emrah98
Contributor
Contributor
Sold an Item on Depop, payment has been received however is currently on hold. I’m more than happy to send out the item but just want to ensure that I will receive the payment, is there anyway of this getting verified as I’m cautious of sending it out before it’s in my actual account. Can someone advise on how I can get the payment?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emrah98 

Is the payment SHOWING in your paypal balance but pending or not showing at all? DO NOT send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account.

Have you received an email saying you received the payment and is the email actually from paypal? Paypal would never tell you to send out before the funds are showing in your balance or to send trackable (thats your choice but advisable for seller protection).

If you are happy with all that then the info is in the link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Emrah98
Contributor
Contributor
So currently it’s showing as ‘Money on Hold’ and I have also received an entail from Paypal which is showing as “We've placed the money on hold because we believe this transaction may involve a higher than usual risk. There's no need for you to do anything. As long as no claims are raised by the buyer or any issues arise with your account, the money will be automatically released in 14 days.” - Does this mean, that I can send the product across, I don’t mind sending it now and then once it’s verified I get the money. The concern is that I will send the product across, and then do not receive the money for whatever reason.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.