Payment On Hold

ausaf7879
New Community Member

I have sent a payment to a seller and that seller says that in his account the payment is being shown as hold and i need to confirm the payment. he also says that i have received an email and i have to confirm it from there but i didnt receive any. he wont process my order before he receives the payment. What is the procedure now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ausaf7879 

If its marked as ''payment'' in your Paypal account and NOT pending or unclaimed then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.
https://www.paypal.com/de/smarthelp/article/FAQ1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ausaf7879 

No, the seller is supposed to ship your order. When they click on the transaction, PayPal will say that what one should do next is to ship to the address on the payment. They cannot refuse to ship your order because PayPal put the money on hold, not you. 

The seller can ship item, post the tracking info to the transaction and upon confirmation of delivery by PayPal with the courier, PayPal will release the funds. Only then should you "confirm receipt" in the transaction from your end.

If seller does not ship your order, you may file a dispute to get your money back because Item Not Received.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.