Payment Method

LittleSheba
New Community Member

I had about $350 in PP acct.  Charged $2,100 on linked American Exp card.  But the $350 was taken from PP and $1,750 charged to AmEx.  Why was the $350 used up when I wanted the total amount to be charged to AmExp?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LittleSheba 

No idea. I presume you made sure you selected the linked AMEX during checkout so that can't be the issue. PayPal checkout/system occasionally do weird, unexplainable things we can only guess at. If you want to go through the trouble, you could contact the merchant to cancel the order and redo purchase again. But the refund to the amex can take a week, up to 30 days though.

If you have purchase from this merchant before, perhaps an established payment method was set up with them already to streamline checkout and that was the way it was set up at the time and you have forgotten about it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LittleSheba
New Community Member

Thanks, sharpie.  I'm 99% sure I checked AmExp...but.  I'll just add more $ to PP and see what happens next time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.