Payment Help

phoreignkinny
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased electronic art, or specifically music cover artwork for a track I originally was supposed to release a few weeks back. The artist originally stated he would have the artwork finished and delivered within a week or two (7-13 days in his words, exactly). He failed to deliver, I asked for an update on the work, he told me it would be delivered on the weekend, which as of today 14 November 2019 is over a week late. I contacted the artist and as stated previously I told him how he failed to deliver and that I’d like my money back. He obliged and sent the payment back via a new transaction as if I was the seller of a product. The money is on hold, and I’m not sure if this is a scheme to try and get me to change the status of “his order” to “shipped” so he can dispute the transaction and get his money back. Should I open a dispute on my own end to ensure my safety?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @phoreignkinny,

This is a common fraud tactic, and I would definitely advise refunding the payment they sent you, then disputing the payment you originally sent for the purchase. Otherwise, they may try to dispute the payment they sent and cause additional issues regarding your account. I hope the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.