Payment Gateway: Change 'New to PayPal' button

dtwilson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am using WooCommerce with PayPal standard as my only payment gateway. Customers are able to use their paypal account as well as debit/credit cards to checkout thru the gateway as the transaction is not completed on my website.

Recently, we have had customers cancel their orders because once directed to paypal.com, they see this screen (image attached). Clicking 'New to Paypal' will direct them to a screen where they can use a credit/debit card, but a customers are cancelling here because that button makes them think they must create a paypal account or login with one. Is there a way to change the text of that button?

Thanks in advance!

paypal.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Ciaran

Theres no way to change this through parameters passed to PayPal I'm afraid. But I can take the feedback internally and see if this is something that can be amended in the future.  

Login to Me Too

dtwilson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. It is unfortuante that the portion of the paypal gateway is not editable. Also, sometimes I receive the screen below, that says 'Pay with Debit or Credit Card' although I am not sure what triggers which button I see.

paypal2.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

The wording on the button is very random to be honest, we just offer a specific wording on a certain percentage of users. There's no specific set of rules for it that would allow you to mimic everytime in order to get the wording you need. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.