Payment Confirmation

MiLoTradeZ
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently I need to Claim the Payment or something like that. This is the first time I am using Paypal to receive Payment. My Mail address is confirmed, and I have proof of payment sent from the entity paying me. They also say the payment Status shows as unclaimed.

How do I receive or claim a payment?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MiLoTradeZ 

If its showing as unclaimed on the senders end then there is either a mistake in the email address that was used to send you the funds OR you have not verified that email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MiLoTradeZ
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I have the proof of payment from the Payer and the email address is 100% correct. I have also successfully confirmed my mail address when I initially opened the paypal account more than a year ago.

What then are my next steps?

Login to Me Too

MiLoTradeZ
Contributor
Contributor

I do have the Transaction ID from the Proof that was sent to me by the Payer [0B240781NH502994R]. When I search it I find nothing. There is also no transctional activity on my account.

Also to note, this payment was made 14 August 2019.

Who can I contact for assistance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MiLoTradeZ,

Thank you for your post. If the payment was unclaimed for 30 days, it would have gone back to the sender. 

Please also be cautious, as there are times when a fraudster will claim to have sent a payment and provide what might look like proof, and the proof is false. Unless a transaction is showing in your account, it is wise to take any proof given to you with a grain of salt.

If the payer still wants you to have the payment, they can send the payment again. If your email is confirmed and the payment is in a currency that you hold an open balance for, the payment should not need to be claimed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.