Paying on esty

DayRich2014
Contributor
Contributor

When i went to pay for something on esty they sent me a link to a app called Shopier were is asked me for a card information is there anyway i can still pay using my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You made a purchase likely off a seller based in Turkey, a country where PayPal no longer offer services to so you won't be able to use PayPal.  Goshopier is what Turkish sellers use instead of PayPal to accept payments as a result, therefore you are basically using a regular credit card checkout through Goshopier. Remember that credit cards do and should have unauthorized transaction and purchase protection should anything go pear-shaped and ask Goshopier for assistance if necessary.

There are mixed reports on using Goshopier: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/17854453/page/1

More positive than negative, no different than issues people run into using PayPal. Just like anything else, be vigilant.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You made a purchase likely off a seller based in Turkey, a country where PayPal no longer offer services to so you won't be able to use PayPal.  Goshopier is what Turkish sellers use instead of PayPal to accept payments as a result, therefore you are basically using a regular credit card checkout through Goshopier. Remember that credit cards do and should have unauthorized transaction and purchase protection should anything go pear-shaped and ask Goshopier for assistance if necessary.

There are mixed reports on using Goshopier: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/17854453/page/1

More positive than negative, no different than issues people run into using PayPal. Just like anything else, be vigilant.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DayRich2014
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to use my paypal credit to buy the item is thay possible on goshopier?
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can only use PayPal Credit when the option is available.  If there was no option to use PayPal Credit, then you can't

In Turkey you can't used PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Munds57
Contributor
Contributor

Last night, I was sent a link to pay for items coming from Turkey that I had just ordered online with Etsy.

The link was to pay via SHOPIER, and I made payment.

This morning, we received texts & emails from the Fraud Dept. of our credit card company. 

There were almost $1,400 in fraudulent charges and a couple of unsuccessful attempts as well.

I would definitely point to SHOPIER as NOT being a secure website.

Login to Me Too

desiaf
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me. I have them my credit info. My card asked me to confirm it and unsaid yes I made this purchase.A few days later..I get an email from my credit card company saying that they declined another purchase..which i did not make..thank God..So I called them and cancelled that card.Shopier is not a secure web site.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.