Paying for a software source code online. What if I don't get it?

Ram2020
New Community Member

Hi

I am planning to purchase a system from a supplier in India with the system source code and pay through paypal. What if I paid and didn't get the source code? Is that covered somehow under the PayPal Buyer Protection method? Is there a way to do it similar to how a Letter of Credit works?

Cheers!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ram2020 

Please read how you are or not covered under Buyer Protection:

13. PayPal Buyer Protection

Seller has to provide proof of delivery if you file Item Not Received (INR) claim but beware of filing Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claims because you cannot return digital/source code with a tracking number, so please buy from a reputable seller, do research on the seller first.

For SNADs in your specific case if the code don't work, I'd do credit card chargeback as terms would be more broader than paypal's terms.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ram2020 

Please read how you are or not covered under Buyer Protection:

13. PayPal Buyer Protection

Seller has to provide proof of delivery if you file Item Not Received (INR) claim but beware of filing Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claims because you cannot return digital/source code with a tracking number, so please buy from a reputable seller, do research on the seller first.

For SNADs in your specific case if the code don't work, I'd do credit card chargeback as terms would be more broader than paypal's terms.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ram2020
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker I thought so. It was a long shot 🙂

Thank you very much. That was informative.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.