Paying Invoices by credit card

dl651
Contributor
Contributor

I am receiving a message when trying to pay an invoice by credit card:  

PayPal 'We're Sorry things don't appear to be working right now'

Try Again

What does this mean? my bank says it is not my end but it could be PayPal.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to the problem?  is it the vendor's invoice link that is the problem? I have been trying to pay this invoice for nearly a week.

thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

I'm guessing here that the invoice is from an Australian merchant.  If so all invoices from Australian merchants now fail  with that message (since October) if the customer tries to pay with a credit card. Chances are that the merchant has no idea that this is happening. There are many posts about this in this forum. 

Login to Me Too

dl651
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @peterhoa  What a nuisance. This makes it difficult for small businesses to receive payment.  I am guessing there is some logically reason for the changes.

Login to Me Too

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

The change hasn't been announced by PayPal.  Policy documents have not been updated.  The web site does not mention the change. No merchants have been advised of the change. We only found out that Australian invoices could no longer be paid by credit card (ie without a PayPal account) when they started failing with the "We're Sorry things don't appear to be working right now" message and our customers let us know.  I have called PayPal support and they confirmed it is no longer possible for customers to pay by credit card and they also confirmed that they did not announce this change and have still not advised merchants.    

Login to Me Too

taongabytee
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me as well, do we know if there is going to be a fix ? 

I was really hoping to utilize the invoice Pay by credit card option as it is so convenient for small businesses, I will also send an email to Paypal to see if they can give this option back. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.