PayPal won’t let me refund buyer???

Ana_M884
Contributor
Contributor
Okay so I’m trying to refund a buyer. I have enough in my bank account and debit card (both linked to my account) but whenever I try to issue a refund, it says insufficient funds. So I try to transfer my bank account funds to my PayPal, but PayPal says my account can’t have a balance because I just have a standard account. I’m not looking to upgrade my account, how do I refund this buyer? Also I contacted PayPal directly, they were NO help. Just said “upgrade your account”
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ana_M884 

Yeah, refunding relies on your PayPal balance and if there is insufficient funds in there, PayPal automatically refunds using your bank account. Since you do not want to upgrade your PayPal balance to a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance account you can't use the balance features. You best bet and painless way to go is upgrading.

If you're into experimenting, you can ask buyer to open a dispute, this takes your PayPal balance into the negative which can be offset if you receive a future payment or initiate a payment while your account balance is negative, and PayPal give you an opportunity to resolve the negative balance during checkout by accepted payment methods, such as debit cards and bank accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.