PayPal will no longer offer domestic (INR) payments starting 1 April 2021

stevendsilva75
Contributor
Contributor

I don't sell products.

I opened this account to receive my tips from Streetjelly.com which is an online busking website based in the US.

Please advise whether I will still receive payments after the 1st of April.

Please note that their mode payment is via PayPal only. I receive my accumulated tips every 2nd of the month and then within a week that amount gets transferred to my Indian bank account after PayPal deducts their charges.

Will this continue to happen after 1st April ?

Below is the email I received..... Please advise 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dear Steven,

We would like to share an important update regarding your PayPal services.

Firstly, we would like to assure you that you can continue to use PayPal to send and receive international payments. However, effective 1 April 2021, PayPal will no longer offer domestic payment services in India. As a result of this, you will not be able to receive INR payments from other PayPal Payments Private Limited users. As stated above, this has no impact on PayPal’s international services, and you can continue to send and receive international payments in line with our User Agreement.

India is an important market for PayPal, and we will continue to invest in product development here that enables Indian businesses to increase their sales internationally. In light of the current market conditions, we believe PayPal can have the greatest impact in helping to revive Indian businesses by focusing all our attention on enabling international payments.

This change to your PayPal account will be implemented automatically and no action is required from you.

We sincerely value you as a PayPal customer and hope you understand our decision. If you have any queries regarding this change, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
PayPal

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevendsilva75 

Yes, you can still receive payment from non-India PayPal accounts. PayPal is just stopping payments between (personal/private) India PayPal accounts in INR currency. I guess what that what they mean by “private limited users”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

stevendsilva75
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your prompt response...much appreciated

Regards,

Steven

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker 

Can they still receive INR currency payments from international accounts, doesn't make that clear do you think?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.