PayPal **bleep**

Utjhnson
New Community Member

Tried to send $4,000 to my son for emergency. I have been PayPal verified for several years and so has my son. PayPal security flagged transaction and blocked it. Spoke with Gail and then Nel S. To escalate issue and they could not provide details nor escalate to security or a supervisor to review and approve transaction. I do not need this hassle for a simple transaction especially after going through 3 different security protocols to make the transaction online. Sell your stock, customer service is terrible and attitude was take your business elsewhere. No problem

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

DancingMarine
New Community Member

Opened a PayPal account in 2005 and never used it until August of 2018.  A $170 transaction was blocked by Internal Security as being suspicious. Three phone calls later a supervisor said Sorry, and that was it. PAYPAL TRULY SUCKS................   BYE-BYE!

Login to Me Too

Bclark08181
This is exactly what happened to me!
Login to Me Too

hoodun
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, paypal does not have your back if an issue arises. I have been with paypal since the beginning and have lost a few thousand so far. Once on a buyer scam who said he never received the item. Now it was simply a check I had sent to myself to cash. I had an issue with it since it had a business name on it and the bank did not except it. Normally you would then just cancel the check and send another. Paypal is unable to do this. Support gets baffled by what would be a simple common procedure at any bank. As a result your money is lost. Paypal checks are essentially the equivalent of sending cash in the mail. In the end Paypal gets your money or at best you wait weeks or months before they remedy what they consider a complicated situation. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@hoodun wrote:

Yep, paypal does not have your back if an issue arises. I have been with paypal since the beginning and have lost a few thousand so far. Once on a buyer scam who said he never received the item. Now it was simply a check I had sent to myself to cash. I had an issue with it since it had a business name on it and the bank did not except it. Normally you would then just cancel the check and send another. Paypal is unable to do this. Support gets baffled by what would be a simple common procedure at any bank. As a result your money is lost. Paypal checks are essentially the equivalent of sending cash in the mail. In the end Paypal gets your money or at best you wait weeks or months before they remedy what they consider a complicated situation. 

did you ask Paypal to send you a check?

and that check has your company name on it?

is that company registered with that Paypal account where the fund comes from?

if you cant cash your company check,why do you add it to your Paypal account?

Paypal is a global payment processor,not a bank and does not perform banking functions well,I doubt if they have a dept of clerks sitting around issuing checks,processed cancelled checks and re issue checks. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

FOR LARGE SUM OF MONEY,you are better off using bank to bank transfer,western union .

domestic wire transfer would cost you but bank has better customer service,walk in and they don't put the payment on hold

Login to Me Too

katherinejeter
Contributor
Contributor
I Fundraiser an save horse's from kill pens to keep them from shipping to Mexico for slaughter, after days of begging for Donations to save them PayPal froze my Fundraising money, the lot needed the money so they wouldn't ship them, I couldn't send the money, the Horses was shipped to their death, thanks a lot PayPal murders
Login to Me Too

Lisayolanda222
New Community Member

2 days and still can't get access to my money I sent for emergency. PayPal are thieves!

Login to Me Too

piterjov
Contributor
Contributor

I had many issues with this service. It really sucks. Can't wait to transit to another company.

BYE BYE PAYPALL

Login to Me Too

Alexa212
Contributor
Contributor

BEWARE of Pay Pal
When you try to make Ebay payment with verified Pay Pal
and window opens with this message
"please add a credit or visa debit card to complete your purchase"
Means all your credit cards in your pay pal account are already blocked.
Do NOT add anymore cards they will be blocked automatically.
Ebay reps will advise you to remove your credit cards from pay pal
and make direct payment as guest to make ebay purchase.
At this stage is already too late and card will be blocked preventing you
to make direct payment to Ebay even as guest.
All payments to ebay are processed by Pay Pal !!!
ONLY option and ONLY to make direct payment to Ebay is with new card that was NEVER assigned
to your pay pal account!
None of the Pay Pal reps will be able to help.
Due to internal security model pay pal is preventing transaction to be completed.
They will repeat this sentence over and over.

Login to Me Too

KKEBAB12
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL, the original cyber bully. 2020 is right around the corner. But I'm sure the new Dutch company will be crap too. Still, I hope it really hurts Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.