PayPal says they cannot process payment at this time after putting payment on hold for 24 hours.

Carl_in_WA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. This is the second time this happens. the first time was followed by a protracted delay while PayPal "investigated" me claiming I used my account (personal) in a questionable manner. PayPal eventually after complaining on Twitter and getting queries from the sender abroad opened my account again.

This time a friend sent me $948.00 and it was immediately put on hold for 24 hours. The money became available in my PayPal account and I tried to fund my linked and verified bank account with FNB through the FNB portal. It was smooth sailing till I clicked the Pay now tab in the PayPal window that automatically opens. I then got this message " We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to merchant and try a different payment method."

I really hope someone here can shed light on this in a constructive way. Please advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Carl_in_WA
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal Support on Twitter via direct message. Here is the response "Thank you for getting back to us. I would like to inform you that PayPal's security system sometimes blocks activities and it may help if you try withdrawing the funds after 48 hours. This will give the system a chance to re-set and the process may go through successfully after that and please do not try to attempt to withdraw in between the given time frame, as our security system will get triggered and the clock will start from zero, from the time of next attempt. Your understanding in this matter will be highly appreciated. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to get back to us. Thanks! ^SUH"

So basically better to wait for a minimum of 48hours before trying to withdraw again.

I will give feedback here if it works. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Carl_in_WA
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal Support on Twitter via direct message. Here is the response "Thank you for getting back to us. I would like to inform you that PayPal's security system sometimes blocks activities and it may help if you try withdrawing the funds after 48 hours. This will give the system a chance to re-set and the process may go through successfully after that and please do not try to attempt to withdraw in between the given time frame, as our security system will get triggered and the clock will start from zero, from the time of next attempt. Your understanding in this matter will be highly appreciated. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to get back to us. Thanks! ^SUH"

So basically better to wait for a minimum of 48hours before trying to withdraw again.

I will give feedback here if it works. 

Login to Me Too

gayanll
Contributor
Contributor
After 48 hours it did it work?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.