PayPal’s New Refund Policy

Wulina
Contributor
Contributor
My aunt sent me some money and mistakenly sent it as a “goods and services” transaction, which it wasn’t. So I issued her a refund and she resent the money, but the fee remains in PayPal’s pocket and it has been extremely frustrating trying to get it back. I got conflicting answers from every person I talked to until I finally found an article about the refund policy update from May. It appears they will keep my money. I will no longer be using PayPal for business or personal transactions. That is theft and I am mad at them and will tel as many people as don’t already know about this dishonest policy not to bother with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wulina 

You pay a fee to accept a paypal payment (if sent using goods/services) AND for the service of paypal issueing you a refund.

Best to make sure that family members know to select the correct option when they send the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wulina
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. The problem was that I did not intend it to go through as a goods and services transaction. So when I sought to fix that, and get my fee back that I should not have paid because there were no goods or services exchanged, I Was told repeatedly that I could get it back, and then that it was impossible, by several different people. It’s been very confusing. I understand there are fees related with operating on PayPal. I think this fee is unfair, especially in my circumstance when it did not apply, and the way my transaction went through was a mistake.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.