PayPal’s MasterCard

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I’m still unable to use my card. I have a zero balance in my PayPal account but a bank account is attached to my account. I thought that the funds will be taken from my bank account. Or, being a MasterCard, a bill would be sent. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dell14z,

I'm sorry that there's any confusion. If a card is removed from your Wallet, it cannot be used to make any charges. It can only be used to route a refund back to that account if it was the account used to make the original purchase. Essentially, if you make a purchase and then the card or bank is removed and then the transaction is refunded, the refund will still go back to that removed account.

I hope that clarifies things!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Dell14z,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Do you have a back-up funding source other than your bank on file? If not, I'd recommend adding another debit or credit card. That way, you'll be able to use our MasterCard to pull funds from your bank. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I don’t always want to use a backup source. I’d rather be billed by MasterCard. I removed several sources that weren’t valid. I told my bank that you don’t delete them from your records so you can use them and they said that’s illegal. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Dell14z,

Unless it's a Credit Card, it's not going to have the option to be billed later. Here's a PayPal page that breaks down the differences between our debit and credit products: PayPal Branded Credit & Debit Cards .

Also, when you remove a debit / credit card or bank from your account, it's unable to be used as a funding source. However, PayPal does keep history of what funding sources are on file just like any other account information that's added or deleted for security reasons.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ah it’s a debit card. Also one moderators wrote that the cards we removed are still able to be used by you err PayPal. My bank says no, if I deactivate or remove a card, legally you can’t use it without permission from us. I’m not going to sue for fraudulent usage!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dell14z,

I'm sorry that there's any confusion. If a card is removed from your Wallet, it cannot be used to make any charges. It can only be used to route a refund back to that account if it was the account used to make the original purchase. Essentially, if you make a purchase and then the card or bank is removed and then the transaction is refunded, the refund will still go back to that removed account.

I hope that clarifies things!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Thank you both. Another mod posted a different answer as my bank wasn’t happy I messaged them to tell them that you explained it more clearly
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.