PayPal "Returns on us" severe delay in refund process

Zeroexpo123
Contributor
Contributor
A while ago, I returned a severely damaged item on eBay, and opened a "returns on us" request via PayPal. The idea is that PayPal refund any return shipping costs imminently. On the 4/3/19, I received an eMail indicating that a refund of shipping costs would be deposited into my PayPal balance within 5 working days from the aforementioned date. After 5 working days, I still hadn't received a refund, so I contacted PayPal C/S whom suggested it's 10 working days now. More than 10 working days have elapsed since the notification of pending refund, and still I've received nil. Anyone else going through this poor & long winded process?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zeroexpo123 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/returns/terms
If Your return request is approved, Your refund will appear in Your PayPal account within 10 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zeroexpo123
Contributor
Contributor
We're now at 15 working days since I received the eMail saying I'll be refunded, so both the 5 working days they indicate, and the 10 working days are utter nonsense. My partner has also been waiting for a shipping refund and she's now at about 12 working days since the eMail notification - so I can only conclude there'll be 1000s of us in limbo.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zeroexpo123 

Maybe, what they say and actually do often differs quite a lot.

All we can do here is tell you what it says and hope that what happens is the same  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.