PayPal payment not showing in my account

thmjo1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

I have just sold an iphone on ebay and the buyer has sent his payment via PayPal. Its now several hours later and the payment has not reached my account. this has not happened before (I have been using PayPal for buying and selling for 15yrs). Is there a way of checking where the payment is or if a hold has been put on it for some reason?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thmjo1 

You may have not been paid. Did you receive an email (possibly a fake payment confirmation email) from the buyer saying they paid and asking you to give tracking number and what not before PayPal releases or shows funds?  This is a scam because PayPal does not hide payments asking for tracking numbers first. Smartphones are a magnet for scammers trying to make you believe they paid when they didn't and unsuspecting sellers end up shipping phone and still don't see payment. 

Did you receive an email from PayPal confirming payment with a transaction ID number? If so, contact PayPal and give that transaction ID number so they can trace it if it is not appearing in your PayPal account. 

Also, check the PayPal email address used in the eBay listing to ensure it is correct by clicking relist item (but do not submit it) to check.

To contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

thmjo1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that, I’ll try the relisting thing
Login to Me Too

plunder-dog
New Community Member

After receiving notice that I had sold my first item on eBay I checked my linked PayPal account and found that no funds were there from the buyer. I conducted a test purchase on my eBay business selling account by having a friend buy one of my products. eBay notified me that I had sold the item to my friend and the PayPal account of my friend shows that a payment was made, however, the PayPal account that is linked to my eBay selling account does not show those funds, either.
Things I have tried...
1. I have tried to open an "unpaid item case" in the eBay Resolution Center but I get an error message that says, "There are no eligible transactions to open an unpaid item case for this item."

2. I went through the process of linking my PayPal account to eBay, again, to be sure that they are linked, and I had eBay verify the account.
3. I tried to open a case in the PayPal Resolution Center but that is not possible since PayPal shows no record of the transaction.

I know the buyers are paying and there is no scam happening because I tested it but I am not getting my money.
If you can resolve this I would be very pleased. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.