PayPal number

Aduds13
Contributor
Contributor

I’m about to purchase something from someone and they gave me there PayPal number that is someone else’s phone number. Is that normal? Because I’ve never heard of a PayPal number before. Just asking

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aduds13 

The phone number is linked to their PayPal account. When you send money for goods and services, you have the option of sending to an email address or phone number. Click Send & Request and it'll ask for email address or phone number. Be sure to select "Paying for item or service" instead of "Sending to a friend" just under the amount field to receive purchase protection on your payment. The seller will pay a PayPal fee to receive payment. IF the seller asks for a friends and family payment, do not appease them as you will negate your purchase protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aduds13 

The phone number is linked to their PayPal account. When you send money for goods and services, you have the option of sending to an email address or phone number. Click Send & Request and it'll ask for email address or phone number. Be sure to select "Paying for item or service" instead of "Sending to a friend" just under the amount field to receive purchase protection on your payment. The seller will pay a PayPal fee to receive payment. IF the seller asks for a friends and family payment, do not appease them as you will negate your purchase protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Aduds13
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker thanks for the advice it was definitely good advice. Unfortunately I further investigated the seller and he was a fraud , he was trying to sell sneakers that could effortlessly be sold for atleast $800 used for $300 so that was the first red flag. The phone number belonged to someone else who claimed they wasn’t him.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.