PayPal not letting me transfer?

julia1017
Contributor
Contributor

My close friend commissioned me for a drawing a few months ago. She added me as family and friends on this app, and paid me $8.00 for the artwork I did for her. I wanted to save the money, so I didn't use PayPal for a little while so I wouldn't be tempted to spend it.

Now, I would like to use the money, but it's saying I have to accept it, which is weird because I've been paid on here before and I've never had to do that.

I clicked accept, and I follow the steps. I get taxed $0.08, because I want the money now. But then PayPal thinks I'm trying to deduct money from my bank account instead of transfer money into it, so it tells me I have insufficient funds.

Next, I tried to link my bank account to see if getting the money later would work. Everything loads when I put in my account information, but after a few seconds it gives me an error message. (I don't remember exactly what it said.)

I'm not really sure what to do in this case; I've googled the error and none of the responses on the PayPal forums are helpful in my situation.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

julia1017
Contributor
Contributor
What the?? My account let me put my actual age. I don’t think that’s an issue. Oh well. My bank suggested I create a PayPal back in 2016.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julia1017 

There are posts on here every day from users banned for opening a paypal account underage, and the paypal moderators have confirmed that as soon as paypal is aware that an underage user has opened a paypal account then it is limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.