PayPal keeps denying my claim

DVAL
Contributor
Contributor
I made an online purchase and got scammed by a seller who provided PayPal with a fake usps tracking number. Now it shows that the item has been delivered to me when in fact it hasn’t. The tracking number shows the item was shipped on Nov 3, one day before I actually purchased the item on Nov 4. This seller provided Heroine.com with a different tracking number that shows he or she is located in China and that the item was shipped from there in Nov 6. I’ve reached out to Heroine.com customer service and they agree that this is a fraudulent seller and they have suspended the account. I have provided PalPal with all this information, yet they refuse to even check the tracking number or the proof I sent to support my case. Not to mention the fact that this person is probably using someone else’s PayPal account. Wouldn’t it be in PayPal’s best interest to get to the bottom of this as well?? I’m extremely disappointed in the service that PayPal has provided in this case. I even called PayPal’s customer service and the representative agreed that the tracking number shows the item was shipped a day before I even purchased it. She had the case reopened yet the resolution center refuses to even look at the evidence.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DVAL 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DVAL
Contributor
Contributor
The fact that the item was shipped on Nov 3, one day before I purchased the item on Nov 4, together with all the other information I sent to PayPal, should be enough to show this is a fraudulent transaction. I contacted USPS and was told the item was shipped to another address than mine. However, as you should already know, they can’t disclose what address was on the shipping label. I filed a mail fraud complaint with USPS and will have to contact the Better Business Bureau and have them contact PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DVAL 

ok, your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.