PayPal is asking me to add credit/debit card on ebay checkout

Haaami
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am facing the following issues if anyone can please help me out: 1. I have linked my US checking bank account which shows its status as “confirmed”, but I am not able to find “verify” option in my account anywhere, although I want to verify my PayPal account. 2. When I am trying to complete the check out of an item in my cart on ebay, after selecting payment method as PayPal and logging into it, it is asking me to add a credit/debit card details. I do not have it. (a) Why is it asking for a credit card while I have a PayPal account and (b) what should I do to pay for my cart on ebay? 3. I have linked the bank account which has been successful, then why is it asking for a credit card to add? Thank you Humair

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Haaami, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

For information on verifying your PayPal account please review this link - https://www.paypal.com/my/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-faq619

Some merchants can update their payment receiving preferences and choose to only accept payments from a valid credit/debit card. If this is the case, you will be asked to add this funding source to your PayPal account before completing the checkout. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.