PayPal holding my payment to Office Depot

SFLNYC
Contributor
Contributor

Updating my inquiry from last night https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payments/Why-did-PayPal-put-my-purchase-payment-on-hold/m-p/2079... that was solved.

PayPal now shows that my "payment method will be charged when Office Depot Inc. completes your order."

Well, Office Depot will not be completing my order. Their e-mail to me states for me to "get in touch with PayPal and call us back once resolved so we can process the order."   

That is a circular situation. So does this basically mean that I'm out the $9.19 for my order? PayPal needs to cancel the payment all together so that (1) can get my money back, and (2) I'll pay Office Depot for the item that I want using another online method.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @SFLNYC

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

If the order status is "Pending," your order has been received by the seller, but your payment has not yet been processed.

For most purchases, the seller will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your purchase. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the seller will complete the payment after your purchase is fully delivered.

The status of an order will continue to display as pending until it expires, is completed, or has been voided, which can take up to 30 days.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

alexcapone
New Community Member

This is the same situation with me.  Office Depot and PayPal are pointing fingers at each other.  Office Depot said to get in touch with PayPal so that the payment will get processed.  Paypal is saying Payment method will be charged when Office Depot Inc. completes your order.

We are not talking about a mom and pop shops here.  We are talking about two multibillion dollar companies that can't get their stuff together and now I won't getting the product that I ordered.

Login to Me Too

Colorado63
New Community Member

Same thing here. Ordered online to Office Depot for an item which supposedly was in stock and available for pickup at my local store. Later I received an email saying item out of stock and your order is not filled and pending. I tried to cancel order and Home Depot says they cant and my money will eventually be refunded back to PayPal. My PapPal account shows a pending transaction with no way to cancel and get a refund. This is not right.  I learned a valuable lesson for next time, use your credit card and then do a charge back, its much easier. 

Login to Me Too

Chijisko
New Community Member
Can I receive money in Nigeria from paypal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SFLNYC 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.