PayPal holding Veteran Disability benefits.

Bdthomas173
Contributor
Contributor
Hello All, I hope everyone is doing as best they can these days. I don't even I am at a complete loss here. I will start by saying I served 8 years active duty in the US Army Infantry. Three tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I earned the rank of a Staff Sergeant and was wounded in 2008. I currently receive Veteran Benefits in relation to being wounded that come from the Department of Veteran Affairs. I share this information to not only show I am not a complete moron, and to explain the source of income which I desperately need. I have been a PayPal customer for some time now and had a good experience. I found myself in need of a new banking service and came across the PayPal promotion of a cash account and government benefits deposit option. This seemed like a good idea. Well for 30 days now I have had the ability to purchase coffee from Starbucks, and make about 4 transactions. For roughly two weeks now I have been unable to use any service you can think of. I say again....I am unable to use ANY service. When I attempt a transfer of any kind I am shown a screen with a caution symbol denying the transaction or a grey screen with a dry apology. I can't generate withdrawal codes, complete Xoom transfers, request a check or even close my account. I have shared the exact information through messages with PayPal only to have them cut and paste directions on how to transfer money. I have begged for help. There is no hold on my account no limitations or "anything on our end" as PayPal politely points out. At the beginning of the month I was told that this was due to a questionable source of funds. The federal government is questionable? I will be told that my account is flagged for security but then able to purchase Starbucks like a little fraud is ok....I can't reach anyone and now have 3 days until phone is shut off. After that I will not even be able to address this as my internet access will be gone. Any suggestions? Advice?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bdthomas173 

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bdthomas173
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, I have been in some form of communication with PayPal via messages. At times I am uncertain if it's a human being or automated response due to the nature of the solution and the completely illogical solutions. Just today I was told my account "is flagged due to the nature and amount of my deposit and the questionable funding source." I have been told this exact reason before, and I explained that the funding source is a direct ACH deposit from the Veterans Administration, i was assisted by PayPal in setting it up. Then that issue will seem to dissaper.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.