PayPal don't offer our customers to pay without PayPal account

ripcandela
Contributor
Contributor

We integrated PayPal on our website. But when customer starts with payment process, it offers him to "Pay with PayPal" (and login field). 
I know that PayPal can offer payment with credit card to customers without PayPal account. But how can we get there?
I double checked the settings on "Profile > Selling Preferences > Website Payment Preferences > PayPal Account Optional" as written in help website. 

But if I create a manual money request and send it to someone who doesn't have an account, it works. He get both options (PayPal login/create and Credit Card). 
The PayPal support is really very bad. And usually it can't even be reached. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

matyas_pnext
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue - checked the "Paypal account optional" setting and is already enabled. Still it requires my customers to log in or register, instead of entering their credit card details. I am trying from a Hungarian IP address.

Login to Me Too

ripcandela
Contributor
Contributor

Over the weekend I find out that main problem is PayPal's UX. 
When it asks user for e-address, it looks like it want a login or a registration. 
But, if user enters his e-address, it will continue to payment process where he can pay with credit card (depends on country, settings ...). 

Login to Me Too

matyas_pnext
Contributor
Contributor

This is good on one hand but still makes it far from an ideal card payment solution. I am also trying to reach out to Paypal with this - please let me now here if you succeed... 

Login to Me Too

ripcandela
Contributor
Contributor

No, it is bad. 
Behavior is different - it looks that it depend on country. 
Examples:
USA - user without PP account can pay with credit card
Germany - user without PP account can pay with credit card and can pay to bank account
Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia - user without PP account can't pay with credit card
Be a shame PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.