PayPal doesn't show option for refund.

kawaiikloth
Contributor
Contributor

I had a buyer on eBay send a serving platter back to me because she says it arrived with a small chip broken off. I accepted the return, she sent it back but when I received it, there's a huge chunk broken off one end of the serving platter. I contacted eBay and they stated I could issue a partial refund for the damage, but I would have to issue the refund through PayPal.

I come to PayPal and discover that I'm not able to issue any type of refund because of course, the buyer's payment is on hold. I transfer money from my bank account to my PayPal account and wait a few days for it to show up. Here I am today trying to issue the refund and I'm still not able to do it. There's no option to give any type of refund. I've tried to submit a refund through eBay and I can't issue a partial refund on there, only full. So I tried to do a full refund (despite the fact the item is completely broken) and it keeps saying that they can't process the refund at this time.
eBay tells me to contact PayPal and PayPal tells me to contact eBay. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.