PayPal does not Cover

Unprotected-1
Contributor
Contributor
So you make a payment for a vehicle and the seller wants more money. You and the seller disagree on price and the initial deposit you make isn’t returned. You notify PayPal, create a case only to hear “ This type of transaction is not covered” . Now you are out money and you are out of a vehicle. What do you do? Can anyone assist?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unprotected-1 

Paypal give you buyer protection but its not a 100% coverall so you have to read the short section on it in the user agreement so you are aware of the limitations before you start using it.

Your purchase is an eligible purchase. Purchases of most goods and services are eligible (including travel tickets, intangible items such as rights of access to digital content and other licences), except for the following transactions:

1. purchases of real estate (including, without limitation, residential property);
  2. purchases of any interest in a business (including, without limitation, any items or services forming part of a business or corporate acquisition);
  3. purchases of vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats), except for personally portable light vehicles used for recreational purposes like bicycles and wheeled hoverboards;
  4. payments on crowd-funding and/or crowd-lending platforms;
  5. purchases of custom made items (unless they are claimed to be Not Received);
  6. purchases of goods and services prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy;
  7. purchases of industrial machinery used in manufacturing;
  8. purchases of items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards);
  9. purchases of goods and services using Zong, Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal;
  10. Personal Transactions;
  11. gambling, gaming and/or any activity involving a chance to win a prize;
  12. payments made in respect of financial products and investments;
  13. payments to state-run bodies (except for state-owned enterprises) or traders acting on mandates received from state-run bodies;
  14. donations;
  15. purchases of items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf (including at a retail point of sale) and which you claim to be Not Received;
  16. payments made in respect of gold (whether in physical form or in exchange-traded form); and
  17. PayPal Mass Payment transactions.

Your options are if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could try your card issuer?

Or private legal action if available and you think you may win?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

yvonneholland
Contributor
Contributor

I had also similar problem, last year while I purchase hosting from DOLLAR2HOST ( noticed was scam ) , paypal had marked automatically " preapproved bill ", this year when reneval time comes, paypal transferred money automatically.

I asked money back because I will not use hosting this year. 

Paypal denied my claim.

I started to think that Paypal has no protection against scammers

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Unprotected-1 

Paypal give you buyer protection but its not a 100% coverall so you have to read the short section on it in the user agreement so you are aware of the limitations before you start using it.

Your purchase is an eligible purchase. Purchases of most goods and services are eligible (including travel tickets, intangible items such as rights of access to digital content and other licences), except for the following transactions:

1. purchases of real estate (including, without limitation, residential property);
  2. purchases of any interest in a business (including, without limitation, any items or services forming part of a business or corporate acquisition);
  3. purchases of vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats), except for personally portable light vehicles used for recreational purposes like bicycles and wheeled hoverboards;
  4. payments on crowd-funding and/or crowd-lending platforms;
  5. purchases of custom made items (unless they are claimed to be Not Received);
  6. purchases of goods and services prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy;
  7. purchases of industrial machinery used in manufacturing;
  8. purchases of items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards);
  9. purchases of goods and services using Zong, Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal;
  10. Personal Transactions;
  11. gambling, gaming and/or any activity involving a chance to win a prize;
  12. payments made in respect of financial products and investments;
  13. payments to state-run bodies (except for state-owned enterprises) or traders acting on mandates received from state-run bodies;
  14. donations;
  15. purchases of items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf (including at a retail point of sale) and which you claim to be Not Received;
  16. payments made in respect of gold (whether in physical form or in exchange-traded form); and
  17. PayPal Mass Payment transactions.

Your options are if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could try your card issuer?

Or private legal action if available and you think you may win?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yvonneholland 

If you had set up a subscription............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''..........................

then of course they would follow your instructions and pay it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

yvonneholland
Contributor
Contributor

Yes , PAYPAL had set up a subscription while purchase hosting service last year. I have no aware abot this. I have just learnt it.

As soon as they took 24 USD from my paypal balance, I have immediatelly logged into account and cancelled this subscription ( preapproved payment ).

I have also claimed PAYPAL, I have sent all scam / fraud reviews list about DOLAR2HOST ( complaints such as TRUSTPILOT and others ).

But PAYPAL dediced for their advantage.

Now I have paid for nothing. No service I have received for this 24 USD. 

After I opened claim DOLLAR2HOST is also banned my hosting dasboard.

PAYPAL is losing trust of peoples.. PAYPAL need to investigate complaints / cases / evidences carefully and deeply !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.