PayPal,didn’t,give,me,my,money,back,because,of,conversion,rates,changed,they,said,

BubbaGumpShrimp
Contributor
Contributor
Okay so I bought some Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles comics from a guy who lives in the United Kingdom I bought this purchase on ebay December 6th the item was supposed to arrive December 25th or December 27th the international shipping the guy used lost it or stole my package so the refund me back in gbp money the thing is i payed 75.94 December 6th and they only refunded me 71.99 dollars December 28th i been getting the run arrived i spoke 5 PayPal agents never got any emails or letters that they say they put a note on for me hows this right? If I don’t get my item wheres my buyers protection that should make sure i get exactly what i payed for ? Pitney Bowes limited charged me 15.52 GBP So i payed 21.23USD to the shipper company They were the international shipping method the seller used The ebay seller charged me 40.00GBP And i payed 54.71 I only got refunded 51.87USD from seller and 20.12 USD from the shipping company paypal agent named moon says conversion rates aren’t under PayPal protection thats not the point i payed through ebay and ebay gave me the conversion estimate then paypal charged me 75.94 United States dollars and now they say the conversion rate changed December 28th so not only do i not get my item im basically ripped off of my hard earned money payapl needs to fix this im still owed 3.95 so pitney Bowes limited owes me 1.11 back and ebay seller owes me 2.84 back in American money
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BubbaGumpShrimp 

Sorry, if a refund is processed more than 24 hours from date of payment then the going exchange rate on date of refund is used so some value can be lost when it comes to exchange rates and refunds.

See Refunds section:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#buying

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.