PayPal deposit

Primrose221
New Community Member
Hi, I was selling my travel system through Facebook for £500 and the buyer offered me £450 I accepted and to secure the pram he offered to pay a deposit I said the deposit would be non refundable. He sent me the £100 deposit via his PayPal business account, which left £350 left to pay! He arrived this evening I gave him the pram etc and he handed me the cash which I counted and there was only £250 my partner informed him of this and he handed over the other £100 no debate or questions asked. However shortly after he left he messaged and said that he 100% had given me the correct amount the 1st time I assured him he hadn’t. He is now saying that he is going to contact PayPal which I assume is to get his deposit back. Is he able to do this??
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Primrose221,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with the buyer, that definitely sounds frustrating. When doing sales for in-person exchange, your Seller Protection is waived upon pickup, as you don't have a tracking number showing the item or service was delivered. I apologize for any inconvenience, but if the buyer does dispute the charge, I would recommend dealing with the issue further outside of PayPal. I hope this information helps.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.