PayPal charged the wrong card on my account.

Class72
Contributor
Contributor

I added a new Debit Card to my account and set it as the preferred card. I bought several items online and when I checked my accounts, I realized that PayPal had charged the card that was not the "Preferred Card".  The card charged had no money on it but the transactions went through and my Bank charged me huge overdraft fees. I have had the hardest time with PayPal just trying to get a hold of anyone who will help me.  On my phone, I tried to dispute the charge but I had internet problems and when I logged on with my laptop, It said I had cancelled my dispute. I dont know what to do and I am very frustrated. I deserve to have my overdraft charges covered because I set the Card I wanted to use as the "Preferred Card" and the other card should not have been charged. If anyone can help me or If anyone has gotten any resolution to this type of problem, I would appreciate hearing back...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WillyNilly1
Contributor
Contributor

Like Class72, the wrong card or bank account has been charged randomly for a single subscription.  My preferred method of payment is my checking account, not either of the credit cards I have on file.  I filed a dispute and attached a copy of PayPal's own account summary.  On chat, I either got no response, or a response that says Paypal is charging correctly and quote "What's the problem?" unquote.  This is a huge step down from what I had come to expect from PayPal's quality customer service in the past.  Plus I can't find anywhere on the site anymore with a phone number for customer service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.