PayPal changed my funding source settings and now payments are being declined.

ScottC71
Contributor
Contributor

So, about a week ago I got a notice I will be be receiving a PayPal Debit Card (that I did not sign up for). I have not received it yet. 
I got a notice today that one of my automatic payments was declined by PayPal. I logged in to my PP account to find that my funding source has been changed from my debit card at another bank to my (as of now) non-existent PayPal Debit Card. Since the card has not even been activated, they are declining my transactions. There is no option to change my funding source back to the way it was. That I can see, anyway. I have a lot of automatic payments coming out, and this could turn into a nightmare. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any advice on how I can remedy the situation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi ScottC71,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.
Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.