PayPal card payment taken with no matching activity

K_Hill9
New Community Member

I’ve just checked my online banking and found a transaction for £109.38 taken via card payment to PayPal * BooHoo Com but I have no record of it. 

I’ve have checked my PayPal account activity and there is no record of the payment, so I am unable to dispute it in the Resolution Centre. I have contacted the BooHoo customer service team who also have no record of the transaction using my account.

I’ve noticed that previous and authentic payments show the method as ‘direct debit’ rather than ‘card payment’ – so I am feeling extremely concerned. Does anyone know what I can do? Has this happened to anyone?

I 'emailed' PayPal using the form, but received an automated reply referring me to the Resolution Centre.My bank won't help as they see it as a PayPal issue. Help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jae

Hey there @K_Hill9

If you're seeing a payment on your bank statement for PayPal, but it is not located within your PayPal account, your debit card was most likely used through our Guest Checkout. I recommend calling our Customer Support to receive additional details about the charge. If you still do not recognize it, you will want to contact your bank to report your card number as stolen to have it replaced. This will avoid further unwanted transactions. I apologize for the unfortunate situation!

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.