PayPal blocking an Ebay transaction for unknown reason.

HHandyman
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone ran into this or have a workaround?

When trying to pay for an auction I won I keep getting an error that the transaction cannot be processed.  The seller only allows for payment through Paypal.  I've tried using my paypal account and tried using 3 different cards to pay for the item, I've called my bank to ensure money is available and they aren't blocking the transaction for some reason, I've tried different browsers and clearing the cache.  When I contacted Paypal "customer support" they said they are blocking the transaction but can't explain why for "proprietary security reasons".  The seller has all good reviews so I'm not concerned with their history.  The agent explained that my account has no restrictions and I should have no issue paying for items through paypal in the future but this particular transaction is being blocked for an unknown reason.  

I just want to pay for the item as promised so both the seller and I are happy!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

HHandyman
Contributor
Contributor

Reply:
As stated above, I tried contacting PayPal, the rep was no help and said I had to find another way to pay for the transaction... to a seller that only accepts PayPal (yeah, thanks). 

My workaround:
Luckily I have a trusted friend that I was able to send money to through PayPal (oddly this worked) and he was able to pay the seller on my behalf. 

Result:
The seller is happy I was able to pay for the item but probably a bit annoyed it took longer than expected.  I'm happy I have the item I wanted and it came in even better condition than I expected.  I've learned that contacting PayPal is about as useful as banging your head against the wall.  After making some smaller purchases PayPal prompted me to upload proof of address (drivers license or utility bill) after doing so, I got an email stating restrictions have been removed, but wait, that can't be right, the rep I spoke to said my account was not restricted or limited for any reason...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi HHandyman, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook, Twitter, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too
Solved

HHandyman
Contributor
Contributor

Reply:
As stated above, I tried contacting PayPal, the rep was no help and said I had to find another way to pay for the transaction... to a seller that only accepts PayPal (yeah, thanks). 

My workaround:
Luckily I have a trusted friend that I was able to send money to through PayPal (oddly this worked) and he was able to pay the seller on my behalf. 

Result:
The seller is happy I was able to pay for the item but probably a bit annoyed it took longer than expected.  I'm happy I have the item I wanted and it came in even better condition than I expected.  I've learned that contacting PayPal is about as useful as banging your head against the wall.  After making some smaller purchases PayPal prompted me to upload proof of address (drivers license or utility bill) after doing so, I got an email stating restrictions have been removed, but wait, that can't be right, the rep I spoke to said my account was not restricted or limited for any reason...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.