PayPal balance not updating

el2400
New Community Member

I have had the notification that the money has arrived in my account, but it has not shown up in my PayPal balance, meaning I can not withdraw it. It was sent through Friends and Family and has not been held. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me today September 13th. I received a payment of $1.23, which said "completed transaction" and did not reflect on my paypal balance. I refunded that payment, in order to ask the person to send me the payment again to see if that way I could see it on my balance, and the refund amount was taken from my actual paypal balance, which meant that not only I did not get the $1.23, but I got another $1.23 taken out of my balance!!! Then the person sent me the $1.23 again and it is still not reflecting on my balance. So I'm $2.46 short of what I should have now... No way to contact them on the phone, no answer on the help center... I am at a complete loss here. Thank God that they were small payments, but I need an answer regardless! Had it been a big amount I'd be really really mad. AND REMEMBER, DO NOT TRY AND REFUND THAT PAYMENT HOPING TO GET IT RIGHT THE SECOND TIME BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Login to Me Too

lowkeayamen
i have been having this problem to. it was updating fine until about an hour or two ago (i have been selling a lot so have been receiving a lot of transactions), however my balance is about £50 down, which is quite worrying. i thought maybe it was just taking a while to catch up with the transactions, but it seems to be a problem for more people
Login to Me Too

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! It is definitely an issue on Paypal's end... I just hope they get to solve this sooner than later, as it is impossible to get a real person on the phone or clear answers on the HELP CENTER of the site. Crazy!

Login to Me Too

Tammie25
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here as of an hour ago. Cannot get help from paypal right now . 

Login to Me Too

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

It is a worldwide issue Tammie, hopefully the people at paypal will solve it sooner than later... I've read about a guy selling some piece of art for $40.000, which didn't show in his paypal balance and therefore he cannot transfer those 40k to his bank account... I'd be mad as hell!!! My case is not THAT serious! Hopefully it'll be solved soon.

Login to Me Too

NickJW

Same issue here. I've been selling some collectible figures today and received payment for all of them minus one which took place about 20 minutes ago.

It wasn't for a lot but still i'm out that money until it gets fixed and can't send the customer their figures until that is in my account. This better get fixed ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Gaston72
Contributor
Contributor

My transactions were small amounts too, but it doesn't matter, what's ours is ours... imagine these paypal guys keeping a few dollars per customer... crazy!

We need this fixed ASAP!

Login to Me Too

NickJW

Exactly! It's still legal funds that are now in "limbo" due to some tech error that REALLY should not be happening on such a wide scale.

Especially with Paypal having impossible to contact help even before COVID.

Login to Me Too

Jyushimatsu
Contributor
Contributor

yeah, struggling with this right now as i received payment to buy a hard drive that was on limited sale and can't even do that now, haha.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.