PayPal balance can't be used as primary for payment

realb23
Contributor
Contributor
I have a verified PayPal account and linked it with a credit card.When it comes to payment order , it ignores my balance(doesnt allow me to check it as preferred methodfor online buyings) and goes straight to my card. If I make a payment with credit card selected as first type of payment, does it mean it will get some money from my PayPal balance and the rest from credit card , ex: for a $20 product and $ 10 PayPal balance: $10 from PayPal and the rest $10 from credit card or all $20 from credit card?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @realb23,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems using your PayPal balance. Make sure your balance is in the same currency as the payment you are trying to complete. If not, you can try converting this under the 'Wallet' section of your account. Your balance should always be used as your primary funding source and the remainder then charged to the relevant bank or card.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.