PayPal backs autorenewal scams

Hed9797
Contributor
Contributor

How do I completely close the account?

I think the subject puts it best. The receiver provided me with no advanced notice of when the autorenew would happen, does not list any relevant dates on the pages on their site and as a result, PayPal is letting them steal nearly $200 from my account because I canceled prior to the only date that I had for the subscription. I canceled prior to the April 18th of the previous subscription, but PayPal has decided that despite a complete lack of any other dates provided to me, that since they had charged me for the renewal and I canceled that day, that I did it after the subscription renewed.

This is the second time this year that I've caught a business I was doing business with charging me prior to the renewal date and the first one on PayPal. It's disgusting that PayPal is apparently willing to allow companies to keep secret records that are not provided to the customer as the basis for making these decisions. I've searched my emails, I don't delete any of them and I literally the only emails that I see indicating a date came less than a year after the yearly subscription was charged for a renewal. PayPal knows that the previous charge was on April 18th, 2020, but somehow they're willing to look the other way about the fact that I was charged less than a year later for a yearly renewal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hed9797 

If its listed as active in your subscriptions when the company applies for payment then paypal will pay them, if its inactive when the company applies then they won't.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.