PayPal and eBay

Amberkerrigan12
New Community Member
I sold and item on eBay and used PayPal and the payment option. However, I have a typo I’m on the email I input for the listing and now I haven’t been paid on my PayPal account. The buyer has said she would need to request a refund from the email address it has been sent to and hope they should return it so she can resend the payment to me. Is this the correct way of doing things? Or is there an easier option of fixing the email.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amberkerrigan12 

If its:
Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods/Services option and pay to your correct email address. Tell them DO NOT use the Ebay option or it will direct them to Ebay checkout and the same thing will happen. They may not want to do this and so you could then cancel the transaction. OR you can send them a money request.

Pending / Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying.
Again they may not want to pay you again until they get their money back so you may need to cancel the transaction for them.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1467

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.